VP Trish: National Golf Rules
If all continues to go well, the National Golf Tournament should be enjoyed as scheduled! Nest 610, Erie, Pa., is prepared to welcome the golfers for the event on August 12 & 13. Of course, the Hammer is played the day prior to the Tournament.
I will be sending an email to the golfers asking about their planned participation in this year’s Tournament. Please respond and share with others who might be interested!
The Golf Commissioners met via Zoom on March 8 and revised the National Golf Tournament rules. The rules were approved by the National Board of Directors at the Board of Directors meeting held on March 13, 2021.
National Golf Tournament
- Must be a Member in Good Standing by the beginning of the Tournament
- Two Person Scrambles one day
- Individual Tournament one day
National Golf Commissioner Responsibilities:
- Application – Oversee creation and/or modification for all information pertaining to the Tournament
- Work with Communications Director for publication and posting of all information related to the Tournament
- Communicate with all golfers with details prior to the event, confirming their registration and handicap
- Waivers – All participants must complete and sign a waiver form to participate in the Tournament. The Commissioner shall oversee the preparation, distribution and collection of the waivers.
- Assign the Foursomes
- Scoring – Tabulate the results for both events
- Posting of pairings of starting holes and foursomes for both days
The host Nest/District and the National Golf Commissioner shall work together to:
- Establish the entry fee for golf and all functions
- Establish the Prizes for the Tournament
- Assemble and distribute a Welcome Packet to all golfers
Host Nest/District will:
- Post $500 deposit to secure the event (this will be refunded upon successful completion of the Tournament)
- Select and secure either one or two courses
- Make hotel arrangements in the area taking cost, amenities and location into consideration
- Arrange for entertainment at their facility in the evenings
- Provide meals (lunch on the courses and dinner both evenings) for all golfers and guests
- For evening functions, provide transportation to the hotel and venue and back both nights
- Second Friday and Saturday of August, if possible, if not Second Thursday and Friday of August
- PFA will accept a League handicap or Ghin card.
- If a golfer doesn’t have a League handicap or Ghin card, PFA will use a Falcons’ handicap (this is determined by the average of scores from three previous PFA National Tournaments).
- The handicap for new golfers without League handicap, Ghin card, or Falcons’ handicap shall be women-30, men-20.
- Double par-pick up (once you reach, double par, you pick up your ball and take that score.)
One prize per division
- Women (up to age 59) Scratch
- Women (up to age 59) Handicap
- Senior Women (age 60 and above) Scratch
- Senior Women (age 60 and above) Handicap
- Men (up to age 59) Scratch
- Men (up to age 59) Handicap
- Senior Men (age 60 and above) Scratch
- Senior Men (age 60 and above) Handicap
- May add a Junior Division if there are participants
If interested in hosting the event, the Nest/District should contact the National Golf Commissioner prior to the current year tournament. If there is more than one bid, all golfers will vote on the next host.
All of the District Golf Commissioners joined the Zoom call to revise these rules and I greatly appreciate their participation, suggestions and input.
The District Golf Commissioners are:
- District I – Edward Ciesla
- District II – Patricia Heineman & Jeffrey Beilfuss
- District IV – Stephen Lubinski & Patricia Del Busse
- District V – James Cox
- District VI – Robert Kuzmicz
- District VII – none (as of right now)
- District IX – Kristen Baginski & Nicholas Carter
- District XIII – Charles Johns
If you have any questions, please contact me or your District Commissioner.
See you in August!