It pleases me to share the decision of the independent Richard C. Gorecki Scholarship Committee. Their decision was approved by the Polish Falcons of America Board of Directors at our meeting held last weekend.
First of all, the Independent Committee is comprised of five very special individuals who so generously give of their time and expertise and choose our recipients.
- Mary Louise Ellena-Wygonik – President of the Kosciuszko Foundation, teaches at LaRoche University
- Robert Tierney – Vice President of the Ireland Institute of Pittsburgh
- Kevin Richards – Youth Director for Slovene National Benefit Society
- Jolanta Lion – Director of the CMU International Film Festival, Assistant Director of The Humanities Center, teaches Polish at CMU
- Susan Wuchenich Parker – Member of the Serb National Federation, Associate Professor of Early Childhood & Special Education teaching at Robert Morris University
After much discussion, they chose:
- Mateusz Conrado – Nest 79, District XIII (since he is a Nest 79 Member, he will receive $11,000). His major is Nursing, attending Grand Valley State University with a GPA of 3.4.
- Matthew Dutczak – Nest 42, District II. His major is Masters of Wind Band Conducting with a GPA of 3.6, and he is attending the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
- Timothy Eckert – Nest 907, District II. He is currently attending the Liberty University College of Medicine as a Graduate student. His GPA is 3.9.
The Independent Committee reviewed and discussed and as is the usual, they were extremely impressed with all of the applicants.
The Scholarship Committee of the PFA Board of Directors is:
- Patricia Del Busse – Chairperson
- Patricia Capozoli – District IV Director
- Edward Ciesla – District I Director
- John Kowarik – District V Director
- Thomas Washington – District VII Director
Thank you all for everything you do for our Scholarship Programs!