Czolem Druhny i Druhowie!
I received an inquiry regarding Legion of Honor awards for 2020. Due to the fact that everything has been postponed because of the COVID-19 pandemic, many Nests will not be having award banquets or presentations this year. One of the questions was; can a Nest apply for awards but not present until next year at their 2021 awards presentations? In essence they would be presenting two years of awards at one time.
After my discussion with First Vice President Patricia Del Busse, we agreed on the following resolution regarding the Legion of Honor awards for 2020.
- Nests should submit award applications for qualified individuals this year.
- Awards can be presented at any time a Nest chooses to do so once the applications are reviewed and approved. There is no need to wait for a banquet or other event, it can be done during meetings or other Nest events.
- If an award cannot be presented this year because it is only done during a Nest banquet, then it can be presented at next year’s banquet. It should be done in this order; the 2020 awards first and then the 2021 awards.
- Banquets should NOT be the deciding event on when awards can be presented.
- Anyone that deserves an LOH award this year should be awarded regardless of when they will receive it.
- National Headquarters will dispense all approved awards to the Nests via U.S. Postal Service.
Legion of Honor Grand Master