Soldier’s Day at the Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa
Once again, the Polish Falcons of America has been invited to participate in the annual Soldier’s Day at the Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa in Doylestown, Pa. This solemn celebration will be held on Sunday, August 18. It is organized by the community of former Polish soldiers living in the United States and Canada.
This year, the celebration will focus on the 100th Anniversary of the return of the Blue Army from France to Poland. Over 20,000 volunteers from America, mostly Members of the Polish Falcons of America, served in this Army.
The program for the day is as follows:
- 10 a.m. — Breakfast at the Pilgrims’ Center cafeteria
- 11 a.m. — Laying of wreaths on the grave of past Polish Falcons National President, Dr. Teofil Starzynski, and by the monument “The Avenger” at the Veterans Cemetery
- 11:30 a.m. — Celebration before the Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa (National Anthems, Taps Bugle Call, Rifle Salute, Review of Troops and Parade.)
- 12:30 p.m. — Holy Mass
- 1:30 p.m. – 2 p.m. — Presentations by distinguished guests
- 2 p.m. — Lunch in cafeteria
I am asking for as many Falcon Members to attend as possible. If you plan to attend please let me know as soon as possible so we can let the organizers know what to expect. Please contact me if you have any questions or need additional information.
Timothy L. Kuzma
President & CEO
Polish Falcons of America