Since its inception, the Polish Falcons of America has been committed to the physical, emotional and educational development of young Polish Americans. Through a wide range of fraternal programs, thousands of young Falcon Members have been introduced to and taught the time-tested maxim – Within a Healthy Body Resides a Healthy Spirit. In 1962, the organization took another step in fostering a positive environment for children by instituting a scholarship program. Since then, more than 1,200 students have received a scholarship grant from the Polish Falcons.
Richard C. Gorecki Scholarship
This scholarship program was introduced by the Polish Falcons in 1999. The Richard C. Gorecki Scholarship Program is named after a longtime Member of Polish Falcons Nest 79 in Southgate, Mich. Druh Richard C. Gorecki was an outstanding scholar who graduated with a degree in engineering from the prestigious University of Michigan. Druh Gorecki passed away on April 14, 1994 and generously bequeathed a portion of his estate to the Polish Falcons for educational purposes. The Gorecki Scholarships are designed to reward those Falcon Members who demonstrate the highest academic standards and leadership qualities.
- Three $10,000.00 grants will be awarded if there are qualified applicants
- In recognition of Druh Gorecki’s Membership in Nest 79 and District XIII, additional funds are available if a recipient is a Member of Nest 79, or of another Nest in District XIII
- Nest 79 Members—$1,000 Additional
- For applicants who receive a grant
- District XIII Members—$500 Additional
- For applicants of Nests (other than Nest 79) in District XIII who receive a grant
- Nest 79 Members—$1,000 Additional
- Benefit Member for AT LEAST FOUR YEARS in good standing with a permanent plan at least one year prior to applying.
- Minimum cumulative G.P.A. 3.0 out of 4.0 scale must have been maintained throughout their Sophomore year.
- The Gorecki Scholarship is only available to full-time students enrolled in an accredited four year public or private college or university who are at least a Junior. Full time post graduate students may also apply.
- Previous recipients of a Starzynski Scholarship are eligible to apply for a Gorecki Scholarship. Recipients of a Gorecki Scholarship will not be eligible to apply for a Starzynski Scholarship, or another Gorecki Scholarship (one-time only grant).
- All grants must be collected by the 2023 Fall semester.
- National Dues must be current.
All applications and materials must be submitted and postmarked by April 15, 2021. Additional details on applying are included within the application. Click below to download.
Dr. T.A. Starzynski Scholarship
The main objective of the Dr. T.A. Starzynski Scholarship Fund is to provide scholarships for deserving Falcon Members who are aspiring to attend institutions of higher learning. Young men and women who are benefit Members of the Polish Falcons of America are invited to take part in applying for a scholarship grant.
Four Grant Levels:
- Outstanding Starzynski Scholarship (Mary Kus) – $3000 Grant
- Falcon Achievement Scholarship – $1750 Grant
- Involvement Scholarship – $1250 Grant
- General Falcon Scholarship – $800 Grant
- Applications are open to young men and women who are qualified, Benefit Members of the Polish Falcons for a MINIMUM OF TWO YEARS.
- Candidates must be graduating high school seniors or presently enrolled undergraduates intending to pursue further education as a full-time student (minimum 12 credit hours) in an accredited two-or four-year college, university or trade school.
- Parents’ National Dues must be current.
- National Dues must be current (if over age 18).
- Grant Level Requirements:
- Falcon Achievement Scholarship – This scholarship is for PFA Members who have been consistently involved in the Polish Falcons programs by participating in Nest, District AND National activities; and are involved in community service programs during their high school years. The Mary Kus Scholarship will be chosen from this category.
- Involvement Scholarship – This scholarship is for PFA Members who are involved in Nest, District, OR National activities and have been engaged in community service programs.
- General Scholarship – This scholarship is for PFA Members who have not been active participants in the Polish Falcon programs. However, candidates must have been involved in community service and/or volunteer programs.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (G.P.A.) of 2.0 out of 4.0.
- There is no limit to the number of applicants from any one Nest or District.
- This is a one-time only grant, regardless of category.
- Grant must be collected by the beginning of the 2023 Fall semester.