42nd Quadrennial Convention (Virtual Convention)
Saturday, November 21, 2020
As we have announced, the Regular Convention of the Polish Falcons of America will be held virtually on Saturday, November 21, 2020. This is the first time we will conduct a National Convention like this. It will be a challenge and will require all of us to work together, but I am absolutely confident it will be a successful Convention.
At National Headquarters, we are working through the logistical details about how the Convention will work. We will be conducting tests of virtual meeting software like Zoom to determine which is the best platform. We also want the Delegates to be as comfortable as possible so they can participate in the deliberations.
As part of these preparations, we held meetings with Nest and District Presidents. The purpose was to explain our plan for the Convention, inform Nests and Districts about what they are required to do for the Convention and listen to ideas and to answer questions. More meetings like this will follow as we develop and finalize more details of the Convention.
Even though there is much still to be done, we have completed work on the Delegate forms for the Convention. On this page, you will find all the information you will need about the Convention, including forms for Delegates. We are encouraging everyone to complete and submit the forms online. If that is not possible, forms can be printed, completed and mailed.
Keep in mind, that the primary purpose of this regular Convention in November is to elect the National Officers and Directors for a new term. We are planning a Special Convention to be held in-person in July 2021 at Nest 88 in New Britain, Conn. We will also keep you informed about details of this Convention as they become available.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or need additional information.
Timothy L. Kuzma
- Nest Representation at the National Convention
- District Representation at the National Convention
- Legion Delegates
- Delegate Forms
Pursuant to Article II, Section 13, of the Polish Falcons of America Constitution and Bylaws, I hereby issue a call for the convening of the 42nd Quadrennial National Convention of the Polish Falcons of America. The Convention will be held virtually on Saturday, November 21, 2020, and will be called to order at approximately 9 a.m.
Timothy L. Kuzma
The Convention is composed of the National Executive Board, Appointed Officials, Members of the Board of Directors, Executive District Officers, Executive Nest Officers, Benefit Members of the Legion of Honor, and duly elected Nest Delegates. Each Nest is entitled to one Delegate for every fifty (50) Members, a fraction thereof, and two (2) alternate Delegates, duly elected by a majority vote on a secret ballot at a special meeting of the Nest held at least 60 days before the opening of the Convention.
A Delegate to the Convention shall be a Benefit Member of the Falcons in good standing who is a citizen of the United States and who is 18 years of age and who shall have been a Member of the Falcons for at least one (1) year prior to the Convention and a Member of the Nest for at least one (1) year prior to the Convention, and who is not an Officer, Delegate, Representative, Agent or employee of any other fraternal benefit organization doing a life insurance business. Each Nest should notify National Headquarters as soon as possible of their Delegate election meeting specifying date, time, and location. This information will be posted on the PFA website.
A quorum for the Convention shall consist of the duly elected Delegates of at least one-third (1/3) of the number of Nests in good standing. Therefore, it is incumbent that all Nests send a full complement of the duly elected Delegates to the Convention.
Each Delegate to the National Convention shall:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be a Benefit Member of the Falcons in good standing for at least one year prior to the Convention.
- A Member of the Nest he or she is representing for at least twelve months prior to the Convention.
- A citizen of the United States of America. A newly organized Nest that has been organized a least ninety (90) days before the Convention has the right to full representation at the Convention.
An individual who is an Officer, Delegate, Representative, Agent or employee of any other fraternal benefit organization doing a life insurance business cannot be a Delegate to the Polish Falcons of America National Convention.
Nest Representation at the National Convention
Each Nest is entitled to the following representation at the National Convention:
- One duly elected Delegate for every 50 Members or a fraction thereof. (Example: If a Nest has 350 Members, this Nest is entitled to seven Delegates. If a Nest has 351 Members, this Nest is entitled to eight Delegates.)
- Two alternate Delegates who shall take the place of an officially elected Delegate who is unable to attend the Convention.
- Executive Officers of the Nest. These Officers are: President, Vice President (Female Vice President and Male Vice President in mixed Nests. It is a Nest’s option to elect one or both Vice Presidents.), Recording Secretary, Financial Secretary, Treasurer and Instructor or Instructress in mixed Nests.
- Benefit Members of the Polish Falcons Legion of Honor.
Nest Delegate Procedures
- For Elected Delegates, determine a date to hold a special meeting for the election of Delegates to the National Convention. This meeting must be held at least 60 days before the opening of the Convention. The Nest should inform National Headquarters of the date, time and place of the meeting so it can be posted to the PFA website. Election of Delegates is to be done by secret ballot.
- For Nest Officer Delegates, there is no election required to be a Delegate to the National Convention. The National Convention Delegate Credential for Nest Officers form must be completed.
- For Elected Delegates and Nest Officer Delegates, a copy of the completed/signed Credential form must be submitted to National Headquarters not later than October 20, 2020.
The Nest Officers form for 2020 must be on file at National Headquarters in order for Nest Officer Delegate Credentials to be verified and issued.
District Representation at the National Convention
Each District is entitled to the following representation at the National Convention: Executive Officers of the District: President, Female Vice President, Male Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Instructor, or Instructress (A District has the option of having one or both Vice Presidents.).
District Delegate Procedures
- For District Officer Delegates, there is no election required to be a Delegate to the National Convention. The Delegate Credential for District Officers form must be completed.
- A copy of the completed Credential form must be submitted to National Headquarters not later than October 20, 2020.
The District Officers form for 2017-2019 must be on file at National Headquarters in order for District Officer Delegate Credentials to be verified and issued.
All Legion of Honor Benefit Members in good standing are automatically entitled to be a Delegate to the National Convention. Legion of Honor Benefit Members wishing to be a Delegate must complete a Legion of Honor Delegate Credential form. The deadline for submitting the form is October 20, 2020. The deadline cannot be extended.
Also, a Member who is attending the Convention as a Elected Delegate, Nest Officer, District Officer or National Officer, cannot also attend the Convention as a Legion of Honor Delegate.
For any questions or additional information concerning the Legion of Honor, please call National Headquarters at 800-535-2071 or email First Vice President Patricia Del Busse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click to download.
- National Officer/Director Delegate Credential
- District Officer Delegate Credential
- Nest Officer Delegate Credential
- Legion of Honor Delegate Credential
- Elected Delegate Credential
- Signatures not required if submitting by email; Elected Delegates will be verified by National Headquarters.
National Director Nomination Process
Each District is obligated to nominate one candidate for National Director to be elected by the upcoming 42nd Polish Falcons of America National Convention. A District shall nominate a National Director at a Plenary Meeting to be held at least 60 days before the National Convention.
Voting privileges at a District Plenary Meeting:
- Executive Board of that District consisting of the following: President, Woman Vice President, Vice President, Recording Secretary, Treasurer, Physical Instructor, Physical Instructress and all elected Members of the District Board of Directors.
- Each Nest in the District will be represented by the following Nest Officers: President, Vice President, (Woman Vice President and Vice President in mixed Nests. It is a Nest’s option to elect one or both Vice Presidents.), Recording Secretary, Financial Secretary, Treasurer, Physical Instructor, and Physical Instructress in mixed Nests.
- Benefit Members of the Legion of Honor are permitted to attend and have a vote at the District Plenary Meeting. Non-benefit Legion of Honor Members have no voice and no vote. In summary, only the qualified Officers of each Nest and District, Benefit Falcon Legion of Honor Members and the National Director shall be allowed to vote. Any action contrary to this will result in an illegal meeting.
Qualifications for National Director
The candidate for National Director shall be a Benefit Member from a Nest in the District, must be a citizen of the United States, an adult Member in good standing for at least five (5) years at the time of his/her election and a Delegate to the National Convention. He/she must not be an Officer, Delegate, Representative, Agent, or employee of any other fraternal benefit organization doing a life insurance business. Also, no person shall be elected to office after attaining age 70.
- Announcements for all meetings will be posted on the PFA website and if the timing permits, in the Sokol Polski magazine.
- Every District must submit to National Headquarters a copy of the complete minutes within one week after the meeting, including the full names of all qualified voters.
- Any District changing the date, time, or place of the previously announced meeting must notify all concerned, as listed above, specifying the valid reason for this change. Failure to do so will result in an illegal meeting.
If you have any questions about the Director nomination process, you may contact National Headquarters at 800-535-2071 or email email@example.com.
Running for National Office
Any individual with aspiration for National Office must declare so with a written resume sent to the PFA National Secretary/Treasurer on or before September 1, 2020 with a request to publish in the Sokol Polski. When sending a resume, please type all information and include a photo for publication. Resumes will be reviewed by the Nominations Committee and then turned over to the Editor of the Sokol Polski to be printed in the winter issue. According to the Constitution and Bylaws of the Polish Falcons of America, the qualifications for Officers are set forth in Section 24.